GARDEX THIRD ANNUAL TOY & FOOD DRIVE
Gardex is gearing up to host our Third Annual Toy & Food Drive. Collections will take place starting Wednesday November 1st and run until Friday December 8th. Please consider dropping by to visit us and donate a new, unused toy, gift card or items for the food drive at our warehouse at 7 Meridian Rd in Etobicoke, Ontario.
All toys, store gift cards and food collected this holiday season will be sent to a local woman’s shelter.
Toy Drive Ideas by Age Group:
Infants: Bibs, teething toys, board books, clothing & bodysuits, activity cubes, baby sleeping bags, musical playmats, infant musical toys, pacifiers and bath support products.
Toddlers: Dolls, dump trucks, animal/dinosaur figurines, stacking/sorting trays, playdough, counting toys and pretend playsets.
School Age: Lego sets, craft sets, Hot Wheels, board games, Polly Pockets, Furreal Friends, Fujifilm Instax Cameras and Kidnetix sand.
Children 12 and up: Make-up sets, Lego sets 14yrs +, Wireless Speakers, board games, Ardene Surprise Bags, gamer head phones, music headphones and string lights (room décor)
Great stores for gift cards: Babies R Us, Toys R Us, Mastermind Toys, Winners, Walmart Best Buy, EB games, Apple Store gift cards, Roblox or Fortnite giftcards, Sports Check, Footlocker, Eaton Centre Mall /Yorkdale gift cards, Sephora, Shoppers, Cineplex, Amazon gift cards, Indigo Gift cards
FOOD DRIVE DONATION IDEAS:
There is a great need for non-perishable food items for the shelter’s on-site food bank. We will be collecting the following products:
Food Bank Items:
- Rice – White / Brown
- Flour – White / Wheat
- Sugar – Brown / white
- Cooking Oil
- Tuna / Sardines
- Beans – Red beans – Green Beans – Mixed – beans – Chickpeas (canned and dry)
- All cereals – Cold and Hot cereal / Oatmeal
- Peanut butter
- Sweet corn
- Canned tomatoes
- Pasta and Pasta Sauce
- Tea / Coffee – Canned milk – Biscuits – Healthy cookies
Or consider donating by package!
- Food Package: Non-perishable food items for our on-site food bank such as cooking oil, rice, flour,
milk, pasta, pasta sauce, cereal, oatmeal, canned vegetables, canned meats, tuna, sardines, snacks
for children; grocery gift cards to PC/Metro.
- Health & Hygiene Package: Large-size shampoo/conditioner/body wash, new towels, face cloths,
robes and slippers, feminine hygiene products, nail items; gift cards to Walmart.
- Household Package: Liquid soap, detergent, fabric softener, toilet paper, paper towels, Lysol wipes,
Windex spray, hand sanitizers; gift cards to Home Depot/Canadian Tire.
- Baby/Toddler Package: Formula, Cereal, milk, baby food, diapers (size: newborn-6), baby bathtub,
shampoo, creams; baby clothes; gift cards to Babies R Us/Children’s Place/Old Navy/Walmart.
- Youth & Teenager Packages: This allows young people the freedom to shop independently and make their own choices, we’d respectfully ask for gift cards to any of these shops: Foot Locker,
SportCheck, Champs, American Eagle, Ardene, EB Games, or Sephora. Youth are very often overlooked when it comes to donations.
- “New Start” Kit: In order to allow the women and families who are moving out of the shelter into
their new homes to shop independently and purchase bedroom items, bathroom items, toiletries,
as well as small household appliances and supplies, we’d respectfully ask for gift cards to
Walmart/Winners/Canadian Tire/Home Sense